Dropbox

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dropbox

Post by Darkwing on Fri May 20, 2011 1:58 am

Hey all! I was wondering who all has dropbox and if they don't have it, if its possible for them to get it (it's free). For those of you who don't know what it is, it's a very simple and efficient way for us to share files as if they were on our computer. It does have an internet uploader, but it is as simple as dropping and item into the folder and it automatically synchs with the server.

Anyways, this would be a very easy way for Chris and I to get things like VOs and that way we both get the same files at the same time.
If/when you have a dropbox account, if you'd just PM me your username or whatever and then I can give you access to the appropriate folder.

Thanks!

Darkwing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dropbox

Post by Kirok on Fri May 20, 2011 6:02 am

I use Dropbox to synch my desktop with my netbook but I know a lot of projects that are starting to use it in exactly the way you say - its like sharing a harddrive in "The Cloud" - you don't have to send your files in, you just store them there and the organisers can access it at any time. In fact I could access someone else's work to give them a critique if they wanted or store a draft script, graphics etc

I'm going to be setting up a Dropbox folder for TrekUnited Publishing and one of my writers says that her STO community podcast uses it to share files

K

Kirok

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing on Fri May 20, 2011 12:10 pm

Well if you wanna shoot me off the e-mail address you use, I can add you to the Red Squad folder

Darkwing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top