Groups and Stuff, Kinda Important

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Groups and Stuff, Kinda Important

Post by Darkwing on Sun May 08, 2011 12:59 am

All righty, so when I find a moment to spare, groups and whatnot will be created according to relevant stuff which will allow people to the access to the sections they need to see. Now, Actors, you're my primary concern at the moment. The final draft of the script will be released to you folks on the 10th or something like that. Now, I need a sound off on this one, who has a video camera? Doesn't need to be fantastic quality, it's just that we may do facial motion capture to as many characters as possible. It will save a significant amount of time on the lines of facial animation and obviously lip synching (looks better too)

Also also wik, I hope you guys aren't shy, because Imma gonna need pictures of your faces. Namely, front view and side view. Why? So I can create your CG counterpart! I can draw characters yes and do it that way, but the models look so much better when I use real pictures as references, so if you could all get that to me ASAP, that would be spiffy!

Darkwing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Groups and Stuff, Kinda Important

Post by Aresius on Wed May 11, 2011 9:05 am

Not a video cam, but a digitl camera with video-recordic capability.

However, I do not have any Klingon makeup...
Aresius

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing on Wed May 11, 2011 11:12 am

No no, no makeup, that'd make things worse. With facial mocap you basically put a bunch of green dots on your face and then act/record, the dots then get translated to action sequences and then get assigned to your CG character, it's nifty stuff, but there'll be more on that in the future

Darkwing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I'm in!

Post by Kirok on Fri May 20, 2011 6:23 am

OK I'm behind ya on this - sounds pretty cutting edge! Like most people I've got two options: a webcam or a digitial camera that can record video, I can give you the specs on them if you want. If I get the chance over the weekend I'll run a test and send you some sample video.

• What is your prefered file format? Avi, mpeg (these are all just names to me but I know they make a difference)
  • Would it help if I set up a greenscreen behind myself? You're only interested in head & shoulders, right? The area I'd need to cover might only be small.
  • The dots? What size, colour, where do I put them (don't be rude) and where do I get them?

Guys, you pull this off and you'll get people talking! Maybe even mainstream media!

Cheers

Alan

Kirok

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirok on Fri May 20, 2011 6:27 am

Aresius wrote:Not a video cam, but a digitl camera with video-recordic capability.

However, I do not have any Klingon makeup...
Is that you in your sig banner? A photomanipulation? That's really good! I should do something like that, I write under the name Kirok of L'Stok.

Kirok

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing on Fri May 20, 2011 12:03 pm

Yeah, I'm gonna get back to you soon on the particulars, however green screen is not required to my knowledge and for me, the .mov file format works best, but .avi is next best.

I've never used this facial mocap software, so I'm gonna play around first when I get the chance, but I'm pretty sure your camera doesn't have to be the best of quality

Darkwing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjaminz on Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:58 pm

By the way, did you still need the pictures of each cast member?

Benjaminz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing on Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:46 am

Yes, very much so

Darkwing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content